Alex Hummingson is a singer, songwriter and actress born and raised in Stockholm. Her live
performances, ranging from the Stockholm Olympic Stadium and the RitzCarlton in DC to
Harvard Club dinners and the Whisky A GoGo in LA, never fail to captivate her audience. Her
songs are like beautifully decorated pages from her personal diary, filled with tales of lost love,
raw attraction, and female empowerment. She wraps poetic words around powerful melodies to
deliver to listeners a style like a modernday Barbra Streisand. She's an entertainer, composer
and survivor against all odds.
● At age 13, she produced her first professional demo CD. Her acoustic pop ballad
"Polished Surface" was adopted by a Swedish Educational Broadcasting Company. The
song is about that teenage anxiety of wanting to fit in, about the illusion that being
popular is equal to being happy
● At age 16, "Lover Tonight", a song composed by Ms. Hummingson and Mr Jacob
Stenvall, ended up in the finals of the Polish Eurovision Song Contest.
● After her high school graduation, Alex, Queen of Hard Rock, played gigs around Boston, and NYC. The band also played the
Whisky A GoGo in Los Angeles. The Queen of Hard Rock released "My Webcam", a
CD single with an accompanying book and a music video in 2007:
● In 2004, Alex played a choir member in the box office hit movie "As It Is in Heaven".
● In 2009, Alex played a minor role as a news reporter and did extensive work as a
voiceover artist in the box office hits "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo", "The Girl Who
Played With the Fire" and "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest".
● Alex has also leg modelled for the CocaCola Company.
● Moving to Warsaw, Poland, in late 2010, she quickly caught the attention of Sony/ATV
A&R Wlodek Szadzinski which lead to a tryout collaboration with Sony/ATV, continuing
her quest to the stars.
● The Sony/ATV collaboration lead to several successful leads and collaborations,
especially the connection made with US country & folk musician Will Duvall. In 2015,
Alex and Will formed the duo Duvall & Hummingson, their first single being "All I Want":
● Moving to London, UK, in 2015, Alex jumpstarted her UK career with a successful
showcase at the Soho jazz club "Jazz After Dark", one of the songs from the gig being
the improvised "How I Lost My Job":
"In the latter half of 2016, Alex will be on several UK TV entertainment shows, one being the upcoming E4 series "The Walk of Shame". She is currently in the pre-production phase of her solo album with songwriters and producers in Sweden, the U.K. and the US.
ESL - Additional Notes: Working with the lead voice singer Alex Hummingson, has been the best moment of Engage Sounds Label, her recent and featured collaboration with the 36th Atmospheric / Drum & Bass / Soul and elusive producer "Origin" on his final return with the single in 2016 entitled "Enter the Zero" has been a most fine and aesthetic sound, together with Alex's smooth vocal performance, Alex came to deliver a sensational to powerful main take, which lead to the Soul / Drum & Bass soundtrack - "Enter the Zero" being aired by a short list of online radio stations on high rotation such as BTD radio by the hour for an entire week with the DJ - T Dawn & another radio airing moment on Sunrain.
"Take a preview into the harmonious vocal and talented nature of Alex Hummingson - a next and rising star.. who will more than certainly rebuild the face of music, in the industry, for many years to come"